Mandalorian

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
David
Administrator

Mandalorian

Post by David »

Has anyone been watching the Mandalorian? If so, did you see season 2's finale! It was awesome!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Mandalorian

Post by Ronin.45 »

Haven't seen season 2 yet.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I won't spoil it but it had a lot of 'on your feet cheering' moments!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Never heard of it. Yet, not surprising since we don't have cable or over the air antenna.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

It's on the Disney Channel which normally I wouldn't have but we're getting it for free right now. Do you remember Boba Fett from 'The Empire Strikes Back' and 'Return of the Jedi'? Well he's a Mandalorian (for the most part). So it's a new Mandalorean bounty hunter that saves a baby yoda (same species as Yoda) and tries to keep him safe from Empire holdovers. Been two seasons of eight episodes each so far and it's pretty much saved the Star Wars franchise. In fact the actor that plays the Mandalorian had to get back surgery after season one for carrying the entire Star Wars franchise on his back, lol.

It has two spin-offs coming out. Star Wars Rangers (don't have a clue what it's about) and Asoka. Asoka was the apprentice of Anakin Skywalker before he became Darth Vader. She left the Jedi Order before Order 66 killed most of the Jedi in the galaxy.

There is also an Obi Wan Kenobi series coming out.

After the complete and utter garbage of Episodes 7, 8 and 9 they're finally doing something right. Not even the actors that played in 7, 8 and 9 liked the movies. I'd go so far as to say that the last 3 SW movies were just as bad as those last 3 Star Trek movies that were trash.

Ghost
Board Founder

Post by Ghost »

I watch some mandalorian and some pretty good show
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I saw season 1 while I was dogsitting for a friend who had Disney+.
I was looking forward to season 2 and even considered subscribing, but don't think I'll ever see it now. I just can't give Disney money with all the shit they've been pulling.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Agreed on that. I only watch it because I get it for free from a friend. I'd never pay for it.