AIMING IS USELESS!

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
aerynsun

AIMING IS USELESS!

Post by aerynsun »

Bob
Board Founder

Re: AIMING IS USELESS!

Post by Bob »

TOTAL click-bait title.

And - a different approach to what I was generally taught, as I assume were most of us.

You learn to aim
Then you make adjustments to your trigger pull based on the errors you make.

He had a nice "Everything you l4earned is wrong" style. But aiming isn't useless - if you don't her/push/pull/anticipate, etc...
Shoot a target that far await by point shooting and you'll miss 14/15 shots or whatever.

I do like his general approach though, and will say the best thing a laser is useful for is SHOWING you you are moving while you are pulling the trigger.
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

Bob wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:04 pm TOTAL click-bait title.

And - a different approach to what I was generally taught, as I assume were most of us.

You learn to aim
Then you make adjustments to your trigger pull based on the errors you make.

He had a nice "Everything you l4earned is wrong" style. But aiming isn't useless - if you don't her/push/pull/anticipate, etc...
Shoot a target that far await by point shooting and you'll miss 14/15 shots or whatever.

I do like his general approach though, and will say the best thing a laser is useful for is SHOWING you you are moving while you are pulling the trigger.
I think he has a good perspective. If you watch people training to use a handgun for self defense it is usually a contrived set up.
They take time to get a good stance, good grip, good site picture and good trigger control.

In a defense situation all those stars do not align.

I think his point that under stress grip and trigger control is a priority. I doubt that in a real life situation, people even see their sights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXZdPZ5 ... rmTraining
David
Administrator

Post by David »

When I took the Israeli Instinctive Shooting Instructors course we never used the sights out to 15 yards. It was all point-shooting. Made a lot of sense for quick target acquisition/shooting. We used the sights for 25 yard head shots.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

But - for those taking an Israeli Instinctive shooting course - you already had your gun / trigger control down.

I have not been trained to do that - but as I always tell people: Do not shoot any faster than you can get control of the gun. That "moment" is when I can assess my "point" and pull the trigger.