Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by David »

Ordered a couple of leather Tagua BH3 OWB holsters that were on clearance for about half price. One for my 19X and the other for my USPc. I wanted to get a holster with an 'FBI' forward cant as I think it conceals better. Also ordered an leather IWB holster for the USPc just to try it out. I was also on clearance for $24.

Additionally, I ordered a Coyote brown Olight Pl-Mini 2 Valkyrie for my 19X. I'll post some pics next week when I get them.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

I do not remember what I posted last but recent times and spending has included the following:

P226 Legion (private sale)
P239
P365
Remington Tac14 with Brace (private sale)
CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 with Brace and Vortex Venom reflex sight
CZ Tactical Sport Orange 40s&w and added 9mm barrel and mags

I will try to get photos up soon.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Yep, you have an addiction :lol:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Picked up a Sig P250 in 40S&W with an FDE X-carry grip module. Has night sights but they are dimming. You can still pick them up in the dark but definitely towards the end of their life. Also came with six 13-round magazines.

I had a P250 a few years back in 45acp and kinda regret trading it away. I like the hammer-fired DAO P250 over the P320 personally. The P320 is a nice pistol but I just lean towards hammer-fired pistols.

ratf51
Board Founder

Post by ratf51 »

Nice find! Especially with all the spare mags.

My latest upgrade: I put a TLR-7A on my G23.4. Got a Werx M7 owb holster for the 23/TLR7 combo and put a Safariland paddle attachment on it. A Remora IWB is on the way. This gets me to my stopping point for purchases for the time being. When ammo comes back I will need to improve my 9mm supply and I'll probably get a conversion barrel for my G22.3. I have 2 1911s that need some gunsmithing to get them into operational nick. That is the next thing on the list of gun things to do.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

ratf51 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:09 am Nice find! Especially with all the spare mags.
Especially with the price of mags right now! I may even look around for an X-change kit in 45acp. Never know when you might see a deal.
ratf51 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:09 am My latest upgrade: I put a TLR-7A on my G23.4.
That's a really nice light for your G23. 500 lumens is plenty to get a good sight picture.
ratf51 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:09 am When ammo comes back I will need to improve my 9mm supply and I'll probably get a conversion barrel for my G22.3.
Oh yeah :D You know I like the multi-caliber platforms!

ratf51
Board Founder

Post by ratf51 »

I went ahead and ordered some Glock 17 mags (the Pmag version) a couple of weeks ago while they were still normal price. That is for the eventuality of getting the conversion barrel for the 22. Of course, they'll work in the 23 as well. Also got a 15 rounder for the P365. Yes, they are pricey, yes it stung, but that price will only go up right now.

I stepped out back the other night to see what the 7A would do. I was very impressed. That light with a compact pistol (19/23, M&P compact, Sig compact) is a nice, handy package. I like it.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Do some beam shots and put them in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=257

It would be great to compare them with the beams shots in that thread.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bought my very first blue label Glock this afternoon. Glock 45 9mm. Came with three 17-round mags and night sights. This is only the second new Glock I've ever purchased from a gun shop. I actually intended on buying another 19X for the house but the BL 19X they had in the morning had already sold by the time I was on my way in the afternoon. But when I found out they had a BL G45 I was just as satisfied because I've been thinking about getting one of those as well. The shop wasn't too far from where we were going to shoot in the Outlaw match later in the afternoon. So I figured it would be a good opportunity to buy the G45 and then test it out at the match. All went well, as expected. No malfunctions or hiccups. Feels as good in the hand as the 19X. By the fourth stage I was really getting tuned in with it. Out of 19 targets I got 17 with all Alphas, the other two were Charlies that were just a smidge off from being Alphas. Which made up for one steel plate on stage one that I went to war against, lol. There were six steel targets, three large and three small. All three small and two of the large went down with one shot each. But that damn fourth large target for some reason...I finally put the sucker down but it took a few shots. Can't figure out why? Rest of the match was fine though and I really enjoyed the pistol.

So my 19X's will go solely into the HD role and the G45 will go into the carry rotation for when I feel like carrying a higher capacity Glock.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Had a bunch of gun money left over so I've been looking for a good deal that tickled my fancy. A retired P.D. Officer from a local agency was selling his almost brand new P365XL for $500. I would image he got this at blue label pricing for about that. He only put 30 rounds through it and decided to go smaller and bought a P365 and put an optic on it. He showed my his new P365 with the optic and I showed him my P365 with the TLR-6.

This XL has an optic cut, I don't recall if they all do or not? So anyway, I felt a basically brand new XL for $500 was worth jumping on so I bought it this morning.