Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
ratf51
Board Founder

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by ratf51 »

You know, it's this kind of thing that makes me really dislike you! I am so jealous. LOL! Great find, btw, and kudos to you for jumping on that deal!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

These last few years, even with all the ‘stuff’ going on, I just seem to be tripping backwards into deals. Makes up for some of the stupidly bad ones I’ve made in the past. :D
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Let me know when you "trip backwards" into a deal on Ruger LC9/EC9 in Muddy Girl. I'll help co-sponsor it!

I would point out, that if I told you I kept "tripping" into strippers laps, odds would be good I was frequenting strip clubs!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Picked up a P365XL with Romeo Zero this morning. Came with three 12-round mags and an IWB holster.

Figured it would be a good pistol for my wife in the night stand role. Brought it home, she loved it and decided to make it the pistol she carries. She likes the Red Dot as it makes it very simple for her. And she likes the thumb safety as well of course. Hopefully she'll be able to shoot next Monday (ladies night) to get familiar with it.

Would be nice that we both carry the same model of pistol as well. :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I've not been real impressed with the kydex holster I bought for my P365XL w/TLR-6. The portion on the rear bottom seems to stick out a good couple of inches from my belt rather than laying flush against my body. The same type holster for my P365 did not do this so it seems the extra material needed for the XL is too much. And to be honest, comparing them I just don't see where it was necessary to increase the size in that area.

At any rate, I decided to try a SnapSlide OWB holster from Crossbreed.

From the photo it looks like it will hug the body a lot better than what I currently have. Purchased it with a natural cowhide back and FDE kydex shell. That way it matches my magazine carrier which of course is very important that they match :lol:

ratf51
Board Founder

Post by ratf51 »

Yes, shoes and purse must match!

Keep us posted on how the SnapSlide works out.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

ratf51 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:53 am Yes, shoes and purse must match!

Keep us posted on how the SnapSlide works out.
Will do. I'm really hoping this holster works like I think it's going to work. Website says it takes a couple of weeks to send out so we shall see.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

The local small gun shop I've dealt with before put the Taurus TX22 on sale today. $287 which I'm hoping was a good-to-decent price. Never really priced them too much before but I figured since I didn't have a .22 pistol it was time I purchased one. I had thought about the P17 that Mac has posted about but I haven't seen hide nor hair of one around here since I first saw them in his post.

Overall I've heard very good reports from TX22 owners. So I decided to add this one for a couple of reasons. First, I'm hoping it will be a dependable platform for my wife to train on. Since she is recoil sensitive due to hand issues this should be something she can get a lot of use out of at the range and then polish the range session off with whatever she can handle from her .380 and 9mm's. As soon as I brought it home she wanted to see it. She took it out of the box and was pleased that she was able to rack the slide easily. She likes that it has a MS as it mirrors her other pistols. She liked how it felt. So basically she claimed it as her own. Secondly, like I mentioned, I don't have a pistol in .22 and felt like it was a reasonable prep to get. I don't recall how much .22 I have on hand but I know it's pretty substantial. I haven't priced .22 in a while so I'll have to see what it's running. Don't even know if WM still carries it or not?

I'd like to get it to the range next Monday because that's ladies night and she likes to go on that night.

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I have only played with the competition models, but they are pretty nice guns. It should work well for you.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I'm really hoping that it is a solid pistol and she likes shooting it. I want it to be something that she is really comfortable with and wants to shoot often.