What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2020

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2020

Post by Bob »

OK - here is a recent food prep update:

#1 Still have rice/bean/oat buckets - 5 x 5 gal.
#2 Got my storage pantry shelves full
#3 2x Auguson Farms 2wk buckets
#4 2 Cases of MREs. (XMRE and Amercian Star)
#5 My standard pantry

Feeling pretty fooded-up. Let's vote!!!!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Checked and inflated all the tires on each vehicle including the spare. I've been meaning to do the spare for some time now but it's been 'out of sight out of mind'. I'm glad we checked it as each was very low.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Last week did 120K check. Whole 9 yards - all filters, sparks, rotate, oil etc....and paid off!!!!!
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We have been going through and reorganizing, checking dates, and seeing what needs to be updated/replaced. We have moved to placing most items into plastic tubs for two reasons. One, it keeps the critters away from the items. Two, it makes it easier to grab a container and go if we need to.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

David wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:10 pm Checked and inflated all the tires on each vehicle including the spare. I've been meaning to do the spare for some time now but it's been 'out of sight out of mind'. I'm glad we checked it as each was very low.
I have put these on my spare tires...( check a spare ) are they are up and tucked away.
Saves a bit of trouble checking air as it just now sits at bumper. All my truck/car(s) have them

https://www.sportystoolshop.com/catalog ... ew/id/8601
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

tom mac wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:08 am
David wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:10 pm Checked and inflated all the tires on each vehicle including the spare. I've been meaning to do the spare for some time now but it's been 'out of sight out of mind'. I'm glad we checked it as each was very low.
I have put these on my spare tires...( check a spare ) are they are up and tucked away.
Saves a bit of trouble checking air as it just now sits at bumper. All my truck/car(s) have them

https://www.sportystoolshop.com/catalog ... ew/id/8601
Thanks, that's pretty handy :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

And I have finally replaced my old Brunton and Fastenal battery packs. They were both years (6+) old and hundreds of charges / recharges, staying in hot car, etc. They served admirably for years, but lately they were taking forever to charge, not topping off, and not holding charges. Old tech happens.

Just got a new 10k and 20k Anker pack for my main bag and my car. Let there be phone!
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

And six 2400 calorie Mainstay bars currently in lineup!

Now up to 30 days of food JUST in the bedroom closet....
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

I now have 17 tomato plants going. My grow season is different from most of the rest of the country.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

excellent! Love the home grown maters