Taurus G2C?

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Erich

Re: Taurus G2C?

Post by Erich »

Yep, the Sandias and the national forest are right behind my subdivision. :)

I'm headed to the Ojito Wilderness tomorrow, though . . . wearing the G3c(XL) and a 300 BLK AR while shooting sundry fun guns. Totally different feel.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Beautiful!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

yes...
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Shot the G3 barrel today in both my 3c and 2c. 4 mags in the 3c, 2 in the 2c. Both ran like a top. Very happy.

No trouble with the 2c trigger today. I'm digging these guns.

I also shot some of my reloaded 12 ga shells. All went boom.

And... patterned my turkey shotgun for next week's season opener.
Erich

Post by Erich »

Thanks, guys!

Neat, Mac!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:50 pm Shot the G3 barrel today in both my 3c and 2c. 4 mags in the 3c, 2 in the 2c. Both ran like a top. Very happy.
Okay, very cool. Glad this has worked out for you.
Mac66 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:50 pm No trouble with the 2c trigger today. I'm digging these guns.
Good deal. Like I said in my review of the G3, it's just a solid pistol. Yes, Taurus still has some stigma and some of it is deserved from years past as well as CS that has some consistency issues. But the last near decade they've been putting out a very good budget product. Although I've seen an occasional issue with a G2/3 the majority of owners give a good report and are happy with the product. A guy on GT reported that he put 78k rounds through his Taurus M66, a good bit of which was .357. He finally had an issue and sent it to the mothership. They couldn't fix the issue so they offered him a new gun. He chose a PT92 and said he's put near the same amount through it without issue.

Anyway, looks like they are turning out to be a good purchase. And with decent capacity as well.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Well the 2c takes some getting used to. I first shot it in very cold weather, not sure i was holding it right or learning the trigger. Only put a mag or 2 through it.

This time I took my time with the trigger and shot around 50 rounds through it. Once I learned the trigger I didn't have any problems with it. It's still a bit more spongy than the 3c but you get used to the take up and reset.

Maybe it was the 4" bbl. It seemed to shoot differently with the longer bbl. I'll have to get out today, if the weather warms up, and shoot the 2c & 3c side by side, one with the 4" bbl and one with the stock bbl to see if any difference.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

If the G3c trigger is like the G3 trigger it's a bit wider than the G2 trigger. While not a big deal, it did seem, to me, to be more comfortable to shoot.

Mac66
Board Founder

TAURUS 3" bbl vs 4"

Post by Mac66 »

I finally got a chance to shoot the 4" vs. 3" bbl over the chronograph. The difference averaged about 50 fps.

I was surprised that the factory Remington and Winchester white box 115 gr ran about 120 fps slower than the factory reloads made by Maine Cartridge co. (bought a couple cases of that stuff 10 years ago). The Rem and WWB averaged 1030 fps, MCC averaged 1150 out of the 4" bbl, 1100 in the 3".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

50fps sounds about right for a one inch increase in barrel length.