Ammo inventory

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Ammo inventory

Post by Mac66 »

Am up at the woods house today and was going through the old shed looking for something when I ran across a plastic crate back in the corner. I opened it and it had 14 boxes of 12 ga shells in it, a 500 rnd brick of 22s. And a 20 rnd box of 308s. Thats 350 12 ga. Its all bird shot. The 22s were Winchester wildcats. There is a piece of tape on the 22 box that says $5. I'm thinking my dad bought it at a farm/yard/garage sale.

That crate has probably been there for 25 years.

I love it when I find ammo. I'll add it too my list.

Also.. It's now Friday....I was back looking for something in the old cabin and found a 100 round box of 20 ga. shells under one of the beds. I was kind of low on 20s and was thinking of buying a 20 ga reloader. I have lots of shot, empty shells, for my 12 ga reloader but currently no way to reload 20 ga.
Last edited by Mac66 on Wed May 15, 2024 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Ammo inventory

Post by Ronin.45 »

I took a drive to Lapua's test center last week. After trying about 20 loads, I bought a case of Center-X.
The most expensive rimfire ammo I've ever purchased, but should keep me in the game for 4-5 years.