Why you should be armed in the woods/wilderness

The section for hunting, fishing, camping, hiking and all of our outdoor adventures. This section includes gardening and the harvesting of game and other edibles.
David
Administrator

Re: Why you should be armed in the woods/wilderness

Post by David »

Woman attacked by alligator while walking dog in Palm Harbor

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/ ... alm-harbor

This is about 20 minutes away from where Bob and I live. Sketchy details. She might have been close to the water is what I'm thinking.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

See I told you those dinosaurs where going to get you all. 😊
David
Administrator

Post by David »

The dog should have been packing heat!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

No alligator going to get me
David
Administrator

Post by David »

:lol:

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Teen sleeping in hammock at 12:30 a.m attacked by large bear in Great Smoky Mountains

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teen-sleepin ... 33031.html

aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

The AT over the years has seen groups of people who hang out drink/drugs/LSD type of subculture. The problem is that the people who hike the AT are friendly and willing to talk with others. The attacker knows this and uses it to get close to the good ones.

Appalachian trail murders
https://www.greenbelly.co/pages/appalac ... il-murders
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Two legged animals are the dangerous of animals. Ok, maybe the mosquito is the most dangerous then the two legged animal.
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

Bmyers wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:52 am Two legged animals are the dangerous of animals. Ok, maybe the mosquito is the most dangerous then the two legged animal.
Don't forget ticks and Lyme and other diseases.

And, water born diseases.

If you think about it too much; you'll never leave your house.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

aerynsun wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:48 am Don't forget ticks and Lyme and other diseases.
That is something I always think about, particularly when walking through tall grass. You really have to look hard to see the little buggers if they get on you.

And down here you have to be careful of chiggers. Nasty little bug that burrows under your skin and itches like the dickens. We use to put nail polish over the bite to kill them.