HK Thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: HK Thread

Post by David »

They are nice looking pistols for sure. Take a look around, you never know when a good deal may come up.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I could care less about a deal for one of those!

And that's why I don't look to hard. I do have some Bitcoin burning a hole in my internet though...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I ordered a Talon-clone grip wrap for my USPc. The grip was fine but the front strap was just a tad more aggressive than I cared for so I thought I'd tame it down a bit. It was fine during live-fire and I didn't even notice it during the Outlaw match back in December. But just to hold the pistol it was pretty aggressive. Received the grip tape in the mail this afternoon. Simple matter to clean the grip up with the included alcohol pad then apply the grip and use a hair dryer to press it all in. I like it! I got the rubberized one and it gives me a firm yet comfortable grip. Very impressed the the few bucks it cost. Makes me want to start carrying the USPc in place of the P365, at least for a while :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

David wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:17 pm I ordered a Talon-clone grip wrap for my USPc. The grip was fine but the front strap was just a tad more aggressive than I cared for
You meant to say you were not aggressive enough for that much gun. :lol:
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I have mellowed a bit since I retired :mrgreen:

David
Administrator

Post by David »

As I mentioned in another thread, I applied the Talon-clone grip tape to the USPc and it's really made a positive difference. Really like it a lot.

I also decided to purchase a flush mag base plate to put on one of the mags, the one I'll have in the pistol. I noticed that the pinky extension tended to snap on clothing a bit when drawing from concealment. I think the flush will work better and shouldn't effect the feel. Finding out that those flush base plates aren't exactly all over the place, and normally around $7. But I found them for $3 here;

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefront/h ... e/p/215662

Shipping was more than the product of course but it was like $8 and change total. Already shipped so that is pretty good service so far.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Received the flush base plate in today's mail. HK base plates are really easy to take off and put on so it was a quick switch. I like it! I'm still able to get a full 3-finger grip and I don't have that pinky extension sticking out to snag clothing during a draw. Well spent $ :)

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Pics of my USPc with the new grip tape and flush mag. Really liking it a LOT. Carried it yesterday and enjoyed it. I have a new leather holster coming, probably tomorrow.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Photo with the new holster I picked up. I like the 30 degree 'FBI' cant. Makes it a tad more concealable and snag resistant. The new flush base plate does really well in that regard as well. And still digging the grip tape I put on.

David
Administrator

Post by David »