solar powered motion deector with replaceable battery

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
bdcochran

Re: solar powered motion deector with replaceable battery

Post by bdcochran »

For Mac66:
1. layered solar lights with replaceable batteries.
2. layer 1 external -continuous illumination from dusk to dawn where you exit from the car and routinely go to the front door; where you go from the back door to shed or go to dump the trash.
layer 2 external - momentarily on at the highway where you have the address number and the no-trespassing sign; another along the driveway with another no trespassing sign - to indicate that you are serious; on the sides of the house; in the treeline near the house but pointed out into the woods. High enough in the trees that they can not be neutralized, but still can be triggered.
layer 3 external - a movable series lengthy on lights that can be rotated around the property perimeter when shtf.

When you go to southern Japan, you will see beautiful rock gardens with white rocks with what appear to be oceans with islands. Actually, they were set up as defensive noise makers for defense against night attacks. You are going to get some aircraft wire on a roll and after shtf save empty tin cans and make your own trip wire noise makers..
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

So, are the Mr. Beams lights good to go? thinking about a pair of these to try out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W7 ... UTF8&psc=1
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

you picked the top ones. I haven't spent that much money. Those would be for the car to the house and the back door to the shed or trash.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I went ahead and ordered these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W7 ... UTF8&psc=1

Mounted one on the shed in the backyard to test before taking them up to the new house. It lights up the whole back yard when activated. Might buy some more to put around the main house.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Wow! You bought the top of the line.

I will relate what I did with the Mr. Beams unit that came in last month. The backyard has a hill. There is a short wall with a wire fence on it to keep the dog from going up the hill and into neighbors' backyards. We have raccoons in the middle of the city. I put the unit on the wire fence with some strands of wire. Now, there is light that will turn on the hillside if the raccoons decide to come down and visit. The suddenness may scare them away.

I have game cameras in the backyard. I am a monkey see-monkey do type person. This means I can't follow instructions. I have photographs of animals in the backyard. However, it would better if I had a Mr. Beams light on at the same time that the game camera took a photograph or a video. So, if you know how to set a game camera with time and date, on a loop and have Mr. Beams going, you excellent record of what happened, if the local DA prosecutes crimes.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Had the Mr. Beams mounted on the backyard shed for the last two nights. It has pretty good detection range. It says it will do 30ft. I'm getting about a 40 ft range. It is also pretty bright but not as bright as I would have thought. Specs say 835 lumens but most of the light is directed down and concentrated, not spread out like a flood light. One light still lights up the whole backyard so that's a good thing. They are also pretty small and unobtrusive.

I'll try and get some photos of it on tonight if i remember before I take them up to the new house this weekend.

Last edited by Mac66 on Mon May 03, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Kinda crappy photo but you get the idea. Nice and bright but the light is concentrated. It's not a flood light. Although the ambient light does light up the backyard enough to see it's not as bright the farther away it is.

And I didn't make it up to the new house this weekend. Too many chores to do at home.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

For wide area, the concept is high illumination leds call "corn cob". I have no information on the fixture, whether it can be hooked up to house power, be hooked up to a motion detector. Talk to an electrician. Metal Hydrideor or Hydrate is going away. Mercury Vapor was outlawed in 2008 for new installations.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Now looking at this one. Solar powered 1000 lumens, LED flood light with remote solar panel. That way I can place the light on the shady side of the house but the solar panel on the roof or facing the sun

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NWFJH9B/?c ... _lig_dp_it
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:23 pm Now looking at this one. Solar powered 1000 lumens, LED flood light with remote solar panel. That way I can place the light on the shady side of the house but the solar panel on the roof or facing the sun

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NWFJH9B/?c ... _lig_dp_it
I've seen similar and it would be interesting to see how well it performs, and how long it lasts.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".